Editor’s note (September 21, 2023): The recording of the high-performance computing webinar is now available for viewing.
The Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Data Center offers high-performance computing (HPC) resources for users to conduct big-data analytics and machine learning for atmospheric and climate science research. The ARM Data Center provides a co-located data and computing platform that enables users to work with large volumes of ARM data without the need to download them.
An upcoming webinar will provide information for people interested in using ARM’s HPC resources. This two‑hour Zoom webinar, starting at 2 p.m. Eastern time (11 a.m. Pacific) on Wednesday, September 20, will feature:
- a broad overview of ARM’s HPC resources
- instructions on requesting access to the HPC resources
- a guide to getting started once access is granted
- a demonstration of scheduling and running parallel jobs
- examples of parallel computation using Python and Dask.
ARM is a DOE Office of Science user facility operated by nine DOE national laboratories.