Vertical profile of aerosol in convective system 1 June 2022 to 30 September 2022
Aerial observatory capabilities of the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) user facility are operated by the ARM Aerial Facility (AAF). The AAF provides airborne measurements required to answer research questions proposed by scientists from around the world.
The AAF enhances surface-based ARM measurements by providing:
- in situ measurements of aerosols, clouds, and trace gases
- sampling not possible using surface- or satellite-based techniques
- measurements for validation of surface- or satellite-based techniques
- context for and extension of surface-based measurements
- measurements for testing and evaluating models.